Takma adnz veya kzlk http://bursakuzeyhaliyikama.com/includes/symbian/kuukla-ebeveyn-kontrol.html soyadnz gibi adnzn farkl bir şekli. Yalnzca zaman tünelinizde ve arama sonuçlarnda, adnzn yannda parantez içinde görünür. Chances are you’ve probably heard of dental implants. These are the artificial gadgets used to replace missing teeth in the mouth, which differ from standard false teeth in the way that they are actually implanted into the jawbone itself and function almost exactly like normal teeth.
However, it’s only relatively recently that dental implants have become available on a widespread basis…not to mention affordable. As such, the majority of adults are only just beginning to warm to the idea of implants, though as any leading dental expert in the world would agree, they represent the revolution the industry has been waiting for.
Tooth Loss in Numbers
If you have yet been affected by tooth loss, it can be hard to grasp the scale of the problem. So, just to drive a few key points here, here’s a quick overview of a few essential numbers:
- A standard healthy adult mouth should have 32 teeth
- Adults between the ages of 20 and 64 have on average 24.92 teeth
- Those over 65 years of age have on average 18.9 teeth
- 60% of adults aged from 35 to 44 have at least one tooth missing
- Almost 4% of adults between 20 and 64 year have no teeth at all
- For the over 65s, 25% have none of their natural teeth left
While not particularly shocking, it all makes for interesting reading nonetheless. Tooth loss isn’t just something that affects a tiny minority while the rest grin proudly with a mouthful of shiny whites – it’s something that will at one point or another affect almost every single person out there.
Dental Implants On the Rise
The US is for the time being the world’s biggest market for dental implants – largely due to the size of the place. With around 30 million adults having lost all their teeth either in one or both jaws, it’s hardly surprising that over 15 million rely on crowns and bridges. However, over recent years the number of patients undergoing implant surgery on an annual basis has skyrocketed to over half a million.
Considering the fact that only about 10% of dentists currently carry out dental implant surgery, this is a pretty impressive figure.
Why Bother with Dental Implants?
For some, tooth loss is just tooth loss – a natural part of life they’re really not bothered about. However, given the simplicity and affordability of dental implant surgery, it’s hard to knock the array of benefits that come with professional dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants promote better oral health in general, by minimising any further bone loss or deterioration while at the same time protecting the gums
The way in which a single missing tooth can detrimentally affect a person’s smile is incredible…as too is the positive effect a simple implant can have.
When a tooth is missing, it’s inevitable that the teeth around the gap will begin moving toward it and may eventually become crooked – a problem eliminated with an implant
Dental implants can once again restore full enjoyment of eating, chewing and biting in general.
Who Qualifies for Dental Implants?
As a surgical procedure, it’s important to understand that implants cannot be taken for granted and are not necessarily suitable for everyone. In terms of ideal candidates, anyone missing a tooth or teeth resulting from an injury or illness could qualify for implants. By contrast, those losing their teeth due to old age may not.
In terms of overall health, it’s important to be in a generally good state of health from head to toe and with no specific oral health complaints like gum disease. In addition, smokers may find themselves with a lower chance of qualifying for a dental implant.
Why Dental Implants Beat Conventional Gap-Fillers
As for why a dental implant represents a better choice than say a crown, bridge or false tooth, the reasons are pretty abundant and include the following:
- A totally natural look – it’s impossible to tell which of the teeth are implants and which are real
- A totally natural feel – the same also goes for the feel of the teeth as implants feel exactly the same as the rest of the natural teeth in the mouth
- Long-lasting results – even the best crowns and false teeth will eventually need replacing, but a quality implant has the potential to last for life if cared for correctly
- Easy to care for – modern implants can be cleaned and looked after in exactly the same way as regular teeth
- Safe and dependable – over 98% of all dental implant procedures are wholly successful and represent one of the safest options of all for long-term oral gap-filling.
- Dental implants really are the revolution millions of adults have been waiting for!
Find out more about our dental implants treatment and what is involved in getting dental implants, how long it takes and the benefits. If you have any questions about dental implant treatments then please contact us using our online contact form or call us on 0115 981 6986 and a member of our staff will help you.
Dr Aziz is able to offer implant treatments at 3 practices across Nottinghamshire, more information on these practices and implants can be found at www.nottinghamimplants.co.uk